In what will go down in history as a game changer for the Cinema Advertising Medium and the biggest undertaking SAWA has ever done – Project Everyone – The Global Goals, backed by governments, global communities and global brands has entered into a partnership with SAWA to utilise the power of Cinema to reach the captive Cinema audience to release the new “Global Goals for Sustainable Development” set out by the United Nations in September 2015. These goals aim to end extreme poverty and maintain a healthy planet.
WHAT IS PROJECT EVERYONE & THE ‘GLOBAL GOALS’ CAMPAIGN?
Project Everyone is the brainchild of Filmmaker, Campaigner & Humanitarian Richard Curtis – Four weddings and a Funeral, Love Actually, Make Poverty History and founder of Comic Relief. This is why…
On September 25th 2015, the United Nations launched The Global Goals for Sustainable Development, a series of ambitious targets to end extreme poverty and tackle climate change for everyone by 2030. If the goals are met, they ensure the health, safety and future of the planet for everyone on it… And their best chance of being met is if everyone on the planet is aware of them.
Richard has created a global task force to make these NEW goals FAMOUS! The task force campaign is called The Global Goals.
WHAT IS PROJECT EVERYONE’S ‘GLOBAL GOALS’ MISSION?
It is the aim to share and spread the goals to every single person on the planet. That’s 7 billion people in 7 days. The mission is to get a short, dynamic and snappy explanation of the global goals onto every website, TV station, cinema, school, radio station, newspaper, magazine, billboard, newsletter, noticeboard, pin board, milk carton and mobile phone.
The more famous these global goals are, and the more widely they are understood by everyone – the more politicians will take them seriously, finance them properly, refer to them frequently and make them work. Watch a video here: https://youtu.be/C8gt5OhiPFo
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO THE CINEMA MEDIUM?
What better place to make the new global goals FAMOUS than the Cinema Screen? Cinema has been showcasing the future use of technology and inspiring and educating audiences in movies since film first arrived. It is a perfect vehicle to reach an influential audience that can easily share the goals.
As Cinema is uniquely placed as the only advertising medium to have a worldwide trade organisation dedicated to Cinema Advertising (SAWA), we are able to coordinate Project Everyone #WEHAVEAPLAN 60 second advert as the first ever global Cinema ad campaign.
The SAWA partnership provides Project Everyone with a unique opportunity to target a highly engaged audience all over the world with a concentration over these 7 days and beyond to December 2015.
This opportunity for the Cinema Advertising Medium comes at an exciting time in the cinema industry when the box office continues to break records.
- Release the first ever global Cinema campaign for Project Everyone. The 60 second creative ad called #WEHAVEAPLAN asked people to help share the ‘Goals’
- It was shown on digital Cinemas globally for an initial blanket period of seven days after they are unveiled at the UN on September 25th and then ran until December 2015 on as many global Cinema screens as possible
- More than 30 SAWA Member countries participated
- Not only is Richard Curtis behind the 60-second Cinema Ad to communicate these messages, SAWA also facilitated the development of the Creative by Sir John Hegarty, Worldwide Creative Director and Founder of Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH), one of the most talked about and awarded advertising agencies in the world.
- World Class animators Aardman Animations (Wallace & Gromit, Shaun the Sheep) created the animated Cinema ad which screened exclusively on Cinema screens in over 30 countries from September 25th. You can watch the ‘Behind the Scenes’ here: https://youtu.be/XnumR7WWQo0
- Sir John Hegarty and Richard Curtis introduced the Global Goals and the Cinema mediums involvement to the global communications industry during the SAWA seminar at Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity, on Wednesday June 24, 2015 in the Grand Audi Cannes. British journalist and UK TV presenter, Mariella Frostrup chaired the seminar and Sir John and Richard were joined by international film Stars Chiwetel Ejiofor and Freida Pinto to discuss the importance of Cinema to influence change. You can watch highlights of the Seminar here: https://youtu.be/IpCxo-ryNCI
- The 60 Second Global Cinema Ad Premiered in New York City on the eve of the Gavelling of the Goals at the United Nations on September 25th.
- The Global Cinema Ad was interactive with the Global Goals Mobile App. Audiences unlocked exclusive content in the Cinema and help #TELLEVERYONE by watching what happens when they connect the power of the big Screen to the magic of their small screen and share the Global Goals!
- A ‘lite’ version of this app is available to download NOW from the Apple & Google play app stores, it houses the 17 global goals and a countdown to the launch on 25th September.
- The ‘full’ Global Goals app was ready in time for the launch of the ad.
- You can download the app here:
In order to promote the Global Goals and The First Ever Global Cinema Ad to help make them famous, a 20 second ‘teaser’ screened a trailer, which lets audiences know the GOALS ARE COMING. It also asks audience to download the Global Goals App. You can watch it here: https://youtu.be/wF-9Pqnw9PQ . You can watch the full 60 Second Ad on our homepage.
To find out more about the Cinema Medium’s involvement and Founding partnership please contact Cheryl Wannell at SAWA on firstname.lastname@example.org OR visit the Global Goals Website http://www.globalgoals.org/cinema