The Screen Advertising World Association (SAWA) is the global trade body of Screen Advertising Companies and Associated Companies that supply services to the Screen Advertising Industry.
The role of SAWA is to develop international standards and best practice for the Cinema Medium and to improve communication between Screen Advertising Companies around the world. This facilitates the easier buying of the cinema medium for Advertisers and Agencies.
The Screen Advertising medium has always been uniquely positioned. High quality on screen image, excellent sound, highly targeted audience and a high rate of captivity of that audience. This has positioned screen advertising as a powerful albeit small medium in percentage terms of main media expenditure. Its size of main media expenditure is dictated by its finite reach in terms of the sought after audience it can deliver.
SAWA has been established for 57 years and now represents the Cinema Medium in 35 countries with over 75 members. The membership body is made up of Screen Advertising Companies who sell the medium of Cinema, research companies that analyse and collect data on behalf of the medium and technology companies who supply products and services to the business.
The Trade body is seen as very proactive one that continually builds the profile of the Cinema Medium through research, setting of standards and marketing initiatives. In 2005, SAWA set up the SAWA Digital Sub Committee. This brought together world leading technology companies and the Screen Advertising Industry who pioneered the setting of standards and recommendations, as the Digital world became a reality for the medium. In 2009, SAWA released its 3rd edition of the standards and recommendations and to date many companies have adopted these principles when going Digital.
The benefits of being a SAWA Member are:
- The opportunity to communicate with and exchange information with existing SAWA Members on issues such as marketing, sales methodology, exhibition, digital transmission, production formats and alternative revenue streams.
- Biennial Conventions have been held on the Medium of Cinema in London, South Africa, Argentina, France, Sydney and in April 2012 Las Vegas. Key speakers from associated industries present the latest in research, digital technology and ways to increase revenue streams through creative opportunities.
- A range of SAWA standards have been set for the medium to grow.
- All SAWA Members electronically receive a Bi-Monthly Newsletter covering topical issues and special features, including examples of Sales Success in certain countries and Case Studies on market segments.
- www.sawa.com also has a Member’s Only Section which carries manuals on Digital Production, Sound in Cinema, 35mm Manuals, and a sophisticated Cinema Data Information service for members and Press Releases on new initiatives as they are released.
SAWA has offices in Sydney and London and can be reached though visiting www.sawa.com